Positive, supportive, loving, mature adults are essential to the church. This group has a wealth of resources vital to the health and growth of our faith community. Among these resources are wisdom, experience, tradition, stability, spiritual depth and love for others.
Many in The WOW Factor have invested years of service in the ministry of Xenia Nazarene, and they still have much to give! We offer learning opportunities, fellowship events, fun trips and activities, worship experiences, and service projects to keep life exciting for this delightful group. The Junior Varsity (ages 55 to 65 or 70) will have activities for those who still have work obligations. The Varsity (ages 65 or 70+) will involve those who are retired. There will be both separate and combined events.
Our normal standing activities are:
- Hymns & Word - on Facebook Live on Pastor Mike's page every Wednesday, Jan. 5 to Mar. 16. You can tune in to sing along and leave us your comments, prayer requests, praise reports, testimonies, and song requests.
- First Friday Fun & Fellowship will replace Thursday Lunch Crew (TLC) February through May. That's right! We will meet on February 4, March 4, April 1, and May 6 at 11:30 for our monthly lunch and program together. Please save those dates! Same format - church provides chicken and drinks, you bring side dishes and desserts to share.
- Thursday Lunch Crew (TLC) Carry-in Luncheon - will not be held February thru May. It's normally held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 11:30 am in the Fireside Room.
- Widows & Friends Breakfast - all Thursdays except the 3rd week, at 9 am at Xenia Biscuit World.
- Men's Breakfast - every 3rd Saturdays at the Xenia Frisch's at 8 am beginning September 18.
- Sunday School Classes - held Sunday am & pm
Upcoming Special Events:
- The Southwestern Ohio (SWO) District Prime Time trip to LaComedia is Friday, April 8. Join us for a great buffet meal and the musical "Music Man." We will have 20 tickets at $45 each as part of our district's 110 tickets. Sign up by the church office and give your cash or check (payable to me) to Cheryl in the office.
- Don't forget to reserve the dates of May 9-11, 2022, for the SWO District Prime Time Retreat at Higher Ground Conference & Retreat Center with speakers/singers Lenny & Joy Wisehart. Becky & I direct this retreat, and we know you will love it!
The WOW Factor group is led by Pastor Mike & Becky Hancock. Contact them or the church office for more information.