Positive, supportive, loving, mature adults are essential to the church. This group has a wealth of resources vital to the health and growth of our faith community. Among these resources are wisdom, experience, tradition, stability, spiritual depth and love for others.
Many in The WOW Factor have invested years of service in the ministry of Xenia Nazarene, and they still have much to give! We offer learning opportunities, fellowship events, fun trips and activities, worship experiences, and service projects to keep life exciting for this delightful group. The Junior Varsity (ages 55 to 65 or 70) will have activities for those who still have work obligations. The Varsity (ages 65 or 70+) will involve those who are retired. There will be both separate and combined events.
Our normal standing activities are:
- Hymns & Word - Join Pastor Mike and Becky on Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in the Fireside Room for an inspirational hour of music, prayer, and a brief Bible teaching.
- Thursday Lunch Crew (TLC) Carry-in Luncheon - Held the 3rd Thursday of each month at 11:30 am in the Fireside Room normally. The June 16th TLC Luncheon will be held at Mike & Tammy Reed's home (contact the church office for an address). Bring side dishes or desserts to share AND your lawn chair. The church will provide meat to be grilled by Pastor Mike.
- Widows & Friends Breakfast - all Thursdays except the 3rd week, at 9 am at Xenia Biscuit World.
- Men's Breakfast - every 3rd Saturdays men are invited to enjoy breakfast together (Dutch treat) at the Xenia Frisch's at 8 am.
- Sunday School Classes - held Sunday am & pm
Upcoming Special Events:
- The SWO Prime Time Day at Camp Meeting will be held at Higher Ground Conference & Retreat Center on Thursday, July 21. We'll leave the church at 9 am. (Service at 10:30 am, lunch at noon, and concert at 1 pm.) Back to Xenia around 4 pm. Cost: $12 for lunch plus a love offering for the Burchfield Brothers concert. Sign up by the church office door if you plan to attend.
The WOW Factor group is led by Pastor Mike & Becky Hancock. Contact them or the church office for more information.