At Xenia Nazarene Church, our desire is to see people in Xenia win. We want to support Xenia by any means necessary. Below are some things we do #ForXenia. If you have a project in which you would like us to be involved, or see a need in Xenia that we can help address, please contact us.
Xenia Community Schools - We believe in the students of our city as well as the teachers and administrators who invest so much into their lives. We seek to intentionally support the students, families and teaching staff within our school system.
- 273 Backpacks with school supplies given away in 2022 along with refreshments for all.
- 3,000 backpacks given to students in need since 2011.
- $1,000's in school supplies donated to students in need since 2011.
- Over $3,700 donated to the Xenia High School athletic fund since 2014.
- Paid athletic fees for student athletes in need in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Sponsored a swim night at Pinecrest Swim Club for XHS fall sports athletes in 2014 and 2015.
- 1,000 XHS T-shirts given away during Xenia Bucs first home football game on September 5, 2014. (Our thanks to McAfee Heating & Air, Just Ink Tees, and Collett Propane for partnering with us to give away these shirts.)
- Over 1,000 T-shirts given away at a 2014 basketball game.
- Project More - Approximately 12 Xenia Nazarene Church volunteers have participated in the Project More tutoring program at Arrowood Elementary School in 2014, 2015 & 2016.
- New coats were donated to Xenia Community Schools for children who might otherwise have gone without; 99 in December 2014; 99 in December 2015; 112 in December 2016.
- A FREE T-shirt was give to every student at Xenia High School prior to the first 2015-2016 football game. (That was approximately 1,000 T-shirts!)
- Meals provided for Xenia High School football team.
Warner Work Day - Since 2014, Xenia Nazarene volunteers work inside and outside of the building to prepare for the start of school. Around 30 volunteers worked together to spruce up Warner on August 12, 2019, just in time for open house! flower beds and the courtyard were cleaned up, trees/shrubs were trimmed, some shrubs were removed, and mulch was added to all the flower beds. Thanks to all our volunteers, a lot was accomplished from 5-9 pm! We also appreciate the refreshments provided by the Warner staff.
5th Quarter - For many years, the Xenia Community Center was open for Xenia High School students to hang out after home football games until 11:30 pm. The students had a safe place to go to enjoy friends, music, games, giveaways and food. We hope to be able to do that again in the near future.
#UniteServeDay - Student Ministries from all over the community joined together on June 1, 2019, to do service projects around our city.
100% Offering Giveaway - Once a year we give it ALL away. At Xenia Nazarene, we work hard to ALWAYS use our resources to be a blessing not only to our community, but to Ohio, the United States and around the world. Click on the link for more information.
Xenia Community Center (XCC) - The XCC is located at 1265 W. Second St. It is our gift to the community. We are happy to make this facility available for the community to use for a nominal fee. Click on the link for more information.
Special Monthly Offerings - Each month the attendees of Xenia Nazarene contribute to a special offering. More than $15,000 is given away each year to support community organizations like:
- The Cleft student outreach
- The Jeremiah Tree
- X-Out Hunger
- Boy Scouts of America
- Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Living Well Clinic
- Christ Episcopal Church Homeless Shelter (closed in 2016)
- Family Violence Prevention Center
- Families affected by unexpected tragedies, etc.
Summer Outdoor Movie Nights - Family-friendly movies were shown once a month during the summer of 2014; two of the three movies were rained out in 2015. In 2016, one big movie event was held in July. In addition to the outdoor movie, free popcorn and drinks were available for everyone. Kids enjoyed the inflatables before the movie. Great Wolf Lodge Weekend and OSU tickets were given away as door prizes. These events were held at the Xenia Community Center (1265 W. 2nd St.). In 2019, a family-friendly outdoor movie event took place at Shawnee Park on July 20. It was a very hot night, but those who attended had a great time. Everyone enjoyed the free popcorn, drinks, popsicles, and inflatables before the movie. It was a very hot night, but those who attended had a great time.
Shoes4theShoeless - In April 2015, Shoes4theShoeless and volunteers from Xenia Nazarene Church distributed new shoes and socks to 125 students at Summit Academy in Xenia. Then, over five days in August and September 2015, Shoes4theShoeless and Xenia Nazarene Church volunteers distributed new shoes and socks to 464 individuals--most of whom were Xenia Community School students. We appreciate the support and hard work of the Xenia Community School personnel to communicate these events. Thanks to everyone who helped! In 2019, 2021, and 2022, Shoes4theShoeless events were held at our Kinsey location (44 Kinsey Rd., Xenia). Thank you, Kris, for your vision and organization of this ministry. Shoes4theShoeless is a Dayton faith-based organization that provides socks and shoes to thousands of school-aged children whose shoes don't fit or are not fit to wear. They welcome volunteers and donations. We gave away 222 shoes in 2022!.
CrossWalk Counseling - We offer counseling services for individuals or families in need. Click on the link for more information.
Trunk or Treat - This was the first event held at our newly acquired Kinsey Campus in 2017. It was held again in 2018, and has continued since. Decorated trunks...lots of candy...all free! Kinsey Campus is located at 44 Kinsey Rd in Xenia.
Food Distribution - Beginning in 2018, food boxes are distributed from our Kinsey location (44 Kinsey Rd., Xenia) every 3rd Saturday of the month. Those in need of food may come between 10 -11:30 am ; ID is required.
Clothes Closet - In the fall of 2018, our Clothes Closet was opened. It is located in the Xenia Community Center, Room 401, (1265 W. Second St.). The Clothes Closet is open on Tuesdays 4:30 - 7 pm and Wednesdays 10 am - 1 pm. The clean, like-new items are sold for $2 and under per item. (Cash only, please.) All proceeds go to Bridges of Hope.
Back 2 School Bash - For several years now, Xenia Naz has participated in activities to help students prepare for school. Our Back 2 School Bash for 2021 was held on August 7th. Along with food and refreshments, backpacks stuffed with school supplies were given away at our Kinsey location (44 Kinsey Rd). Once again we had a Back 2 School Bash in
August 2022 at our Xenia Campus and we gave away 273 backpacks with school supplies.!
Future Projects - We are always looking for ways to show the community that we are #ForXenia. If you have an idea for ways we can be more involved in the community, we would love to hear from you! Please use our CONNECT page to communicate with us.
For more information on any of the above, please call the church office at 937-372-0708.