We recognize that those over age 55 have a Wealth Of Wisdom to offer because of their experience and maturity. The WOW Factor seeks to keep these dynamic folks involved in the life and ministry of the church and community.
Positive, supportive, loving, mature adults are essential to the church. This group has a wealth of resources vital to the health and growth of our faith community. Among these resources are wisdom, experience, tradition, stability, spiritual depth and love for others.
Many in The WOW Factor have invested years of service in the ministry of Xenia Nazarene and they still have much to give! We offer learning opportunities, fellowship events, fun trips and activities, worship experiences, and service projects to keep life exciting for this delightful group. The Junior Varsity (55 to 65 or 70) will have activities for those who still have work obligations. The Varsity (65 or 70+) will involve those who are retired. There will be both separate and combined events.
For more information about The WOW Factor, contact Pastor Mike or the church office. There's also lots of information in the Sunday bulletin. Our standing activities are:
- Widows & Friends Breakfast - Thursdays, 9 am
- Carry-in Luncheon - 3rd Thursday of each month, 11:30 am. The December luncheon will be off campus. More details below under heading Luncheon & Christmas Caroling.
- Men's Breakfast - 3rd Saturday of each month, 8 am
- Ladies' Lunch Bunch (open to women of all ages) - Last Tuesday of each month, at various local restaurants, 11 am. For October 31, the destination is the Hammel House in Waynesville (121 S. Main St.). Meet at church at 11 am to car pool or t the restaurant at 11:30 am.
- Sunday School Classes - Choose Sunday am or pm
- Hoppers at La Comedia - ONE open spot available as of 10-19-17. This event includes a buffet and show on November 20. $40 per person. Sign up by the church office door.
- WOW Christmas Banquet - Enjoy a catered meal & musical program in the XCC gym on Sat., December 2, at 5 pm. The cost is $15 per person. Tickets available soon!
- Luncheon and Christmas Caroling - Plan to join us on Thurs., December 21, for lunch at Ellie's Restuarant in the Mills Park Hotel in Yellow Springs. Afterward we will go caroling at Elmcroft and Hospitality East.
The WOW Factor group is led by Pastor Mike & Becky Hancock.